Attractive Yet Durable and Safe
Pool Patio • surround • decking
When deciding on the perfect patio/decking, there are several things to keep in mind. It needs to match the aesthetic of your home and poolscape, cannot get hot in the sun or slippery when wet, and must be comfortable to walk on. Also, think about having it for the long-term, while balancing a budget with beauty.
There are a wide variety of patios and decking materials, all having its own look and feel. If your outdoor space is in the direct sun for an extended period of time, the temperature of the foundation must be considered. Choosing a light color would be beneficial. Slip resistance is vital. Selecting a patio/deck without a sealant is recommended. And what about your bare feet? This is when texture comes into play. Make sure the material is flat, even and not coarse.
A list of a few types of pool patios and decking materials:
- Brick – durable, however, can get hot depending on the color
- Concrete – economical and durable
- Pavers – durable with a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes
- Travertine – because of its lighter color stays cooler
- Natural Stone – provides for a natural look
- Wood – naturally beautiful, however, maintenance is needed
With thorough planning and professional execution, the team at IES Pools looks forward to helping you choose the best patio and decking for your poolscape. Get in touch so we can discuss the different types of patios and decking in more detail